CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

In My Mailbox(#5)

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren.

Got another load of books from the library. Also I stopped by a local bookstore and used the rest of my credit and got some used books. I currently have 16 books checked out! And plenty that I own/borrowed to read! Eeek!

Recently when I go to the library, I have actually been looking around. Grabbing book after book. When I went awhile ago, I had so many that I could barely hold them all!!


Siren Song by Cat Adams
Spells by Aprilynne Pike
Touching Darkness by Jaime Rush


Thirst No. 3 by Christopher Pike
Heist Society by Ally Carter
Size 12 Is Not Fat by Meg Cabot


Pride by Rachel Vincent (Bought)
Perfect Blend by Sue Margolis
Prey by Rachel Vincent (Bought)


At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost (Bought/Read)
Diet Drama by Nancy Redd
One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (Bought/Read)

That is my lovely load for the week or two. I don't think I'll go wandering through the library any time soon, since I'm overloaded with books. Only ones I'll pick up is the ones I have on request.

Sadly when I was linking the book titles to their goodread pages I discovered Siren Song is book number TWO, in the series. I haven't read book number one yet, so that one will go unread. I hate when I can't tell what number a book is in a series or if the book doesn't say there is other books before it.

Just looked up Blood Song which is the first book before Siren Song. My library doesn't have it, nor does the other libraries linked to it. Though luckily, its on order; who knows how long that actually takes to come in. But seriously, again have book 2 but not one? *Sigh* If I was a librarian, I'd be checking to see if we have all the first books of series, not the second book.

Did some searching on my libraries website and found a Purchase Suggestion Link. I wonder if there is a limit for suggestions? Or would they think I'm mad for all the books I'd love to request them to get? We'll see. I'll send in a couple requests and pray they are answered! Requested Stray by Rachel Vincent so far, will look through my too-read list and see which book has been on there forever and suggest it to them.

Also, when I was at the book store, I had thought I had book 1 & 2 of the Night Huntress series, sadly I was wrong again. Which also brings me to the Shifter series, I thought I grabbed 2 & 3, I didn't...of course. I can never find book one, neither new or used. But there were three books there and I grabbed two of them like a crazed book fan(sadly only had enough for 4 books with my credit) does when books she has been looking forever, discovers them there. My library has Prey, Shift, and Alpha. All the later books in the series. Come on! How am I supposed to start the series if you don't even have book one?! They do have the books for ebooks, but I can't read books on a computer, I have to be able to hold the book and turn the page!!

Thats all for In My Mailbox :D

2 comments:

Amber I @ Awesomesauce said...

Great Books! I;ve read the Night Huntress series and the Shifter series. I LOVE Night Huntress ones!!

Annette Mills said...

In defense of libraries - I do purchase a series from the beginning, but as the books get older, they get lost or damaged and I must admit I'd rather buy new books than replace the old. It is sad that none of the libraries in the entire system has it, though. Usually if I don't have them, I can get them in from another library. How disappointing for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...