CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday:I Just Had To Buy...But Are Still On My Bookshelf (#3)

It's been awhile since I've done a Top Ten Tuesday, which is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Usually the top ten question is something I don't have even a top five of, so I put off doing them until I actually had ten or more than five.

So this Tuesday's Top Ten is : Books you couldn't wait to buy but are still sitting on your shelf collecting dust.

Immediately when I read this weeks question tons of books popped into my head. The books I absolutely die for usually go unread unless I'm extremely bad and don't read the library books I have checked out.

1. Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris - My brother's ex fiancĂ©e bought me this book the day it came out, since we were both big fans of the book. It still goes untouched.

2. Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead - I've had this book since Christmas time, was a lovely gift from my little brother. I want to read it, I do...I swear. I just don't want it to end.

3-7. The Vampire Diaries 1-5 by L.J Smith - Begged my older sister to lend me her copies, that was about um like a year ago? xD She keeps asking for them back and I keep refusing. Her argument: "You're never going to read them!" Me: "Yes I will!!!!"

8. The Truth About Diamonds by Nicole Richie - Okay, okay. I went through a Nicole Richie is my idol phase, and sought out her book at every bookstore and had no luck finding one. So I just bought one online and put it in my book box and never touched it ever again.

9. Eragon by Christopher Paolini - I really enjoyed the movie, so when I had my first job...I went...a little crazy and bought a ton of books. This happened to be one of the books, which I ended up never reading. And that crazy shopping spree happened YEARS ago!!! Or maybe secretly, deep down I'm waiting for a sequel and don't want to read the book until the movies are all released. A girl can dream can't she?

10. Anita Blake Series by Laurell K. Hamilton - I read book 1 back in September 2009 and went on a mad hunt for the other books at my used book store. Every time I would pop in there, I would find another in the section, and run and buy it. I think I bought like 2-6 and still haven't gotten to book 2. Hehe.

All the drama we cause just to have that book we must have. Right then and now. Not a week later or the next day, the day it comes out or the day you discover it at a book store. I don't know why I must have these books and never read them when I desperately want to. One day I'll discover why! One day!!!

5 comments:

GraceKrispy said...

I've read Eragon, didn't realize there was a movie! Great series, that one :)

Book Loving Mommy said...

Oh, I forgot about Last Sacrifice! I even pre-ordered that one but like you, I don't want it to end so it hasn't been read yet!

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

LOL @ you and your sister! I hope you do get to read the books soon--just to show her up. ;-) But it's probably just as fun to have them unread if the fact drives her so crazy, aye?

Jenni Elyse said...

Although I haven't bought any of the books you've mentioned, I want to read most of them. Great list!

BOOKed_up said...

Thanks for the follow! You are right, we have very similar interests! I can't wait to read your recommendations!

btw, you NEED to read Eragon! like NOW! Its amillion times better than the movie. I would read the series over and over [if i didn't already have 150+ books to get through!]

- Annie @ BOOKed UP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...