CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Review: Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti

Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti

3/5 stars.

I started reading this book hoping it wouldn't be like the previous book I read by Susane Colasanti. Luckily, it was better, though there were was one thing I saw in common, she rarely uses the main characters name. I had to look on the back of the book for the characters name once again.

(No matter what I type, I just hate it -.- getting a headache from trying to type something up I half like...)

*****************

Lani and Erin are best friends, bonded together by a car accident when they were younger. Erin saved Lani's life, leaving her to believe she owes Erin her life.

Lani is so obsessed with fate that she reads her horoscope every Monday and has each month assigned to learning about new things dealing with the future. She is scared of the Unknown, as she calls it. She must have at least a little insight for the future.

Lani has yet to find her "soul mate", the one person she feels an actual connection too. Though that soon changes when Erin starts dating Jason. Jason and Lani have lunch together and Erin encourages Lani to sit with him and become better friends with him, along with talking about her and seeing what he says/feels about her. Yet thats not where their conversations lead to; they develop their own code language and find out they have more in common than they ever thought. Being the good friend Lani is, she tries to go against fate, but no matter how much she tries to avoid it, she is drawn back to Jason.

************************

I don't know why I didn't rate this book higher than a three. I thought the book was very cute, even if she is lusting after her best friend's boyfriend. Some parts felt entirely rushed, just how at the end everything magically ends up better.

I'm getting tired of female leads thinking they are ugly and not good enough for boys and then landing the total hottie in school. Where are the confident female leads? Or damn give me a heroine who is just straight out depressed, don't give me an in-between character.

The cover, I love it! The boy reminds of the guy from ABC Family "Ten Things I Hate About You." That I'm even convinced its him. It could be him! It just could be!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...