CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (#3)

WoW is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

Haven't done a WoW in forever! I'm so overloaded with books, that I can only think of a few books I'm waiting to be released, though I will have to wait even longer than the day they come out because I have 21 books checked out, though you can minus the cookbooks!

So here are my choices:

Book: What Happened to Goodbye
Author: Sara Dessen
Series: Not a series
Release Date: May 10, 2011

From Goodreads:
Another town. Another school. Another Mclean. Ever since her parents' bitter divorce, Mclean and her father have been fleeing their unhappy past. And Mclean's become a pro at reinventing herself with each move. But in Lakeview, Mclean finds herself putting down roots and making friends—in part, thanks to Dave, the most real person Mclean's ever met. Dave just may be falling in love with her, but can he see the person she really is? Does Mclean herself know?


Definitely can't wait for this to be released. I've read all of Sara Dessen's book and loved 'em!




I was so going to put the third book of the Hex Hall series by Rachel Hawkins, but there is no book cover, release date or even title. So bummer. I am totally waiting for it though because that ending was just completely UNFAIR.


Book: Archangel's Blade
Author:  Nalini Singh
Series: Guild Hunter #4
Release Date: September 06 2011

From Goodreads:
The severed head marked by a distinctive tattoo on its cheek should have been a Guild case, but dark instincts honed over hundreds of years of life compel the vampire Dmitri to take control. There is something twisted about this death, something that whispers of centuries long past…but Dmitri’s need to discover the truth is nothing to the vicious strength of his response to the hunter assigned to decipher the tattoo.

Savaged in a brutal attack that almost killed her, Honor is nowhere near ready to come face to face with the seductive vampire who is an archangel’s right hand, and who wears his cruelty as boldly as his lethal sensuality…the same vampire who has been her secret obsession since the day she was old enough to understand the inexplicable, violent emotions he aroused in her.

As desire turns into a dangerous compulsion that might destroy them both, it becomes clear the past will not stay buried. Something is hunting…and it will not stop until it brings a blood-soaked nightmare to life once more…

Even though its not about Elena & Raphael, I can't wait for this book. Though the man on the cover is not how I pictured him to be, to me Dmitri is supposed to be dripping with sexiness and make every girl want him. Yeah sure thats part of his vampire side, but who cares! Gimme someone sexy! Not that the guy on the cover isn't good looking, just isn't living up to what I pictured him to be.

I'm sure I could more books that are on my TBR list but there isn't a lot of books I'm dying to read. And dying of the long torture of waiting for there release.


7 comments:

Jeanna said...

I can't wait for the new Sarah Dessen book- I love her work. Your blog is gorgeous by the way. Here's my WOW:
http://thebucketlist-gn.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-paper-covers-rock.html
Happy reading!

Beth said...

Great picks, sticking around to follow.
bethfred.com

Laura (All of Everything) said...

I love Sarah Dessen's books, this one's definitely on to read list. Thanks for stopping by :]

Kaity said...

Great picks, I love both Sarah Dessen and Nalini Singh! I've only had a chance to read the first in the Guild Hunter series but I loved it and immediately bought the others. I've got to agree with you about that not being how I pictured Dmitri. After seeing the cover I can't seem to visualize how I'd originally pictured him anymore though.

Kaity - Bitten Books

Angela said...

Those look like some great books, ones I might have to add to the ever growing (instead of shrinking) TBR pile!

Thanks for sharing and also for stopping by my page!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

the dessen cover is so cute

Unknown said...

These articles have got complete sense without confusing the readers.
check this out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...