CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

I finished "If I Stay" last night.

2/5 stars.

Quick little summary, Mia and her family are in a tragic accident, everyone but her dies. Mia is left in a coma and is I believe having an outer body experience, where she can hear and see everything around her. She can hear her relatives, boyfriend and best friend talk to her, some telling her its okay to move on and others begging her to stay. So the story revolves around Mia's decision on whether to move on with her family or to stay behind with her boyfriend and everyone else. It takes you through the moment before the accident, how she met her boyfriend, her friendship with her best friend, and more experiences in her life, that will affect whether she stays or not.

I wish I could say what she chooses but the ending itself is rather disappointing. You just have to read it to find out.

Some things that did bother me is that her parents and little brother weren't there, yeah so they are dead but I wished she had seen them and everything. I don't know why but I want to say I didn't really care for some of the memories. I don't know what I wanted out the book, but I wanted more of something.

Not much more I can say about the book without spoiling it. Do I recommend it? Yeah, sure. Do I suggest buying it? No. Just check it out from your library.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...