CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han

This will contain spoilers most likely. Don't read unless you have READ book one, The Summer I Turned Pretty.

I am amazing myself. I said I would read and I did. One book down, 14 to go. Woo!

Anyways, this book is number #2 in the series. There will be a third book that will be released in 2011, and you guessed it, Summer will be somewhere in the title! We'll Always Have Summer.

It's Not Summer Without You is the continuation of The Summer I turned Pretty. Both books are told mostly from Isabel aka Belly's point of view, though in some cases in this book Jeremiah tells his side to things. The book begins in the beginning of Summer obviously, but this Summer is different. Belly's family isn't going to the beach house after Susannah loses her battle from cancer.

It starts with Belly daydreaming about the good days when Susannah was still alive and all was well in her troubled "love triangle". This book doesn't wander further from The Summer I Turned Pretty. Belly is still an annoying heroine, who thoughts revolve around Conrad maybe 100000000% more. Belly's babyish behavior pretty much puts her on the outs with the boys and she avoids them after the death of their mom. Yet she can't stop thinking about Conrad...and more about Conrad....and some more about Conrad. Basically her thoughts are a zillion times about Conrad even when she is hating him and wanting to "dump" him in their really non-existing relationship.

So when Jeremiah calls and says Conrad is missing, she springs into action. That is basically the story. Okay he doesn't go missing, if you had half a brain you'd know where he went. But okay you don't know why he went there. So find that out yourself. And just like last summer, Belly's relationship is still at .01%

"Just like that, the moment was over. It was an almost moment, where almost anything could have happened. But he had made it over."

To me this book was way better than the first one. The first book recalls to many of their childhood memories and not enough romance. Though this one doesn't have much action, meaning kissing, etc. it is still better. And still I didn't feel bad for Belly in this book, just like I didn't in the first one. Though I can't explain why I liked this book so much, it was an easy read. It wasn't torturous to my brain or anything. It was simple.

I gave this book a 4/5 stars.

I'm still trying to get the hang of typing up things about the books, so bare with me for awhile.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...